Cod with Chickpeas and Oranges
Time of Preparation: 25 mins
Time of Cooking: 15 mins
Doses for: 4 people
Cost : $/$$/$$$
- 700gr Cod filet
- 440gr canned chickpeas
- q.s. Chili pepper powder (as much to your liking)
- 4 anchovies in evoo
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 orange
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- 4 tablespoon Evoo
- q.s. Salt
- 1 glass white wine
Fun Fact: The term "q.s." is Latin for "as much as needed" and is often used in Italian recipes.
- Boil the cod by filling a saucepan with water, salt, 1 glass of white wine, and 1 crushed garlic clove.
- Add 700gr of frozen cod fillets and cook over low heat with the lid for about 5 min. Drain the fish and set it aside.
- Prepare the other ingredients. Put the 4 anchovy fillets in oil in a pan with 4 tablespoons of EVOO, crushed garlic, juice of 1 orange and half of the zest cut in strips.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, crushing the anchovies with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the garlic from the pan and add 1 teaspoon parsley.
- Meanwhile, drain 350gr chickpeas from the can and using a colander. Then rinse under running cold water. Make sure they’re drained well.
- Then throw them in the pan with the anchovies and add the cod fillets and some salt.
- Complete and serve. Peel the other raw orange and cut it into rounds, spread the slices on the plates.
- Add the cod to the plate and sprinkle with chili pepper and parsley.