The Cheerful Rolls
INGREDIENTS (6 servings)
• Sage leaves
• 14oz bread dough
• 6 to 8 prosciutto slices
• 1 onion
• 5 pitted Nostralina olives
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin oil
- Chop up the slices of prosciutto and a small onion. Then cook it with 2 tablespoons of oil until crispy.
- Roll out the bread dough with a floured rolling pin to form a large rectangle.
- Spread on top the onion and prosciutto, 5 pitted and sliced black olives and a spoonful of chopped sage leaves.
- Then roll the dough on itself, starting from the longest side. Cut the roll into slices about 1 inch thick.
- For a little extra flavor, brush the rolls with some melted butter, and bake for about 15 minutes.