Mozzarella Summer Appetizers Easy to make, very light and colorful Italian appetizers. Perfect for the end of the summer.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 20 mins
- Time of Cooking: 10 mins
- Doses for: 4 people
- Cost: $$
IngredientsIngredients (quantity depends on portions)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Italian herbs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Fresh thyme
Recipe for Roasted Filled Eggplant with Mozzarella:
- Cut eggplant as it shown on the video, place two chopsticks by each side - cut into thin slices
- Cut each part of the eggplant into two parts, grease with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
- Cut mozzarella and tomatoes into slices, insert one after one into the eggplants sliced folders.
- Roast eggplants at 375F around 40 min
Recipe Roasted Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar and Herbs:
- Place tomatoes on a roasting pan and make little cuts with scissors on each of it. This will prevent tomatoes from explosion in the oven
- Cover them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Poor over with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle tomatoes with brown sugar, it will give amazing flavor to tomatoes.
- Roast about 10-15 min
- Garnish with fresh mozzarella and fresh leaves of basil. Or garnish it as a topping of crostini bread