Aligot is the ultimate comfort food. It's an amazing blend with whipped mashed potatoes with melted cheese 🧀🧀🧀
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 20 mins
- Time of Cooking: 10 mins
- Doses for: 6 people
- Cost: $$
- 4 Potatoes
- Gruyere cheese 5 oz
- Heavy cream around 16 oz
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Skin all the potatoes and cut them into cubes
- Boil the potatoes with 2 cloves of garlic in salty water
- When potatoes are ready, sift them to make a fluffy puree
- Put the potatoes on the stove at the lowest fire
- Add butter and while stirring, gradually add heavy cream
- When the cream is blended with the butter, slowly start adding shredded gruyere cheese. Do not stop stirring at any terms!
- Continue to add cheese and cream until your puree stops sticking to the walls of the pot; it will be a dough kinda consistency.
- It's supposed to be like a cloud and look very light! Check stretchability and if it looks amazing - it’s time to serve.
👉 Tip: Serve the Aligot right away while it’s still hot. If it cooled down, you can always “reanimate” it by reheating on the lowest heat and adding a little bit of cream 🌟