Porcini Mushroom Risotto
As classically Italian as you can get, this unadulterated risotto is made in the traditional way and simply flavored with porcini mushrooms, butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 15 mins
- Time of Cooking: 39 mins
- Doses for: 4 people
- Cost : $
- Porcini mushrooms (dried or fresh)
- Butter - 6 tbsp
- Arborio rice (7 ounces)
- Shallot onion (1)
- Garlic clove (1)
- Vegetable stock
- Grated parmesan (1 cup)
- Fresh parsley
- Cut one garlic clove and one cup of porcini mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan, add garlic and porcini. Saute for a couple minutes, then take them out and set aside.
- Melt 5 tbsp of butter in the skillet on medium heat
- Add one shallot onion and saute until it's brownish
- Add 7 ounce of arborio rice and toast it until it translucent.
- Lower the heat and start adding vegetable stock, just to cover the rice a bit
- Cook and stir constantly (~15 minutes) and keep an eye out for the liquid level by adding the stock little by little.
- When the rice is al dente, add sautéed porcini, mix well, add stock and stir constantly until it's creamy
- Add one tbsp of butter, one cup of parmesan, salt and pepper
- Stir everything together
- Serve immediately with a fresh parsley on top.