Prep time – 2 Hours and 15 minutes
Cooking time – 45 Minutes
Servings – 4
Difficulty – Medium
For the Cannelloni:
- 200 grams Semolina Flour
- 100 grams fine corn flour
- 5-10 Tbs Cold Water
For the Filling:
- 5 TBS 1923 EVOO
- 1lb Minced meat (Lamb, Beef, Pork or a combination)
- 3.5oz Sogno Toscano Pecorino Romano (grated)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk 1Tbs Cinnamon Nutmeg to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sift 200 grams of Sogno Toscano Selezione Puliese durum wheat flour, 85 grams of fine corn flour and a pinch of salt on a pastry board, make a well in the middle and add just enough water to obtain a fairly firm and elastic dough. Begin to combine the ingredient and kneed them into a ball. Let it rest covered for 30 minutes. Roll out in a thin sheet and cut into 3” to 5” squares. Lay the squares on a lightly floured surface and let them rest for another 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting prepare the filling: sauté 1lb of minced meat in 2 tablespoons of Sogno Toscano1923 extra virgin olive oil. Remove from heat and mix in 4 eggs, 3.5oz of grated Sogno Toscano Pecorino Romano cheese and a pinch of nutmeg; mix well and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the squares of pastry for 2 to 3 minutes. Only cook a few at a time so that they do not stick together (if necessary, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in the water). Drain them one at a time and spread them delicately on a clean cloth.
- Place a small portion of the minced meat in the center of the Canneloni and roll up. Arrange the pieces in a pan that is coated with the rest of the Sogno Toscano 1923 Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Brush the cannelloni with 1 beaten egg yolk, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven at 355° F for about 20 minutes.