Fregola with Pancetta
- 1/2 bag of ST Fregola Sarda (8.8oz)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of ST Pomodoro Macinato Fine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1lb Terre di Siena Pancetta Diced
- 14oz ST Chickpeas
- Calabrian Pepper
- ST Fattoria extra virgin olive oil
- Sauté the olive oil with the minced onion and garlic, and the Calabrian pepper, over moderately low heat. Slowly add the diced pancetta until it begins to crisp.
- Add at this point the tomato purée, stir well and add the chickpeas, previously rinsed.
- After a few minutes add the fregola and part of the broth. Bring to a simmer, and keep stirring adding gradually the rest of the broth. Add salt as desired. Cook until the fregola is just al dente and the broth is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with minced parsley and olive oil.