Chickpeas Puree with Artichokes
Preparation: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
People: 4 people
- 400 gr chickpeas ST already cooked
- 4 pc artichokes alla romana
- 1 lemon
- 1 bay leave
- 1spoon of parsley
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 spoon of flour
- vegetable broth
- 80gr sliced prosciutto crudo
- salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil ST to taste
- Prepare the artichokes. Cut the Roman artichokes into strips: mix 1 tablespoon of flour with 1 tablespoon of water, 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/2 lemon juice in a bowl. Salt the boiling water, add the prepared mixture to the pot, mix well with a whisk and add the thistle to strips. Boil it for about 40 minutes, drain it and cut half the strips into cubes.
- Make the chickpea cream. Drain 400 g of pre-cooked canned chickpeas ST (the weight refers to the already drained chickpeas), transfer them to a colander and rinse them several times under running cold water and cook them in 7,5 dl of vegetable broth with cubed thistles and 1 leaf bay leaves for about 20 minutes after boiling. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaf, season with salt and blend the ingredients. Meanwhile, make a sauce with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 clove of garlic, and a pinch of salt.
- Complete and serve. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan, brown the remaining artichokes, add the ham and let it flavor for a minute. Divide the chickpea cream on the plates, arrange the thistles and 80 g of thick sliced raw ham in the center of each plate, and croutons if desire, season with the sauce and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and serve hot.