Mac & Cheese "Italian Style" 🧀 🇮🇹
Mac & Cheese Italian Style is a go to recipe around here.
Within 30 minutes, you can have this fantastic dinner on the table. This recipe is the perfect last-minute meal for any Italian food lover.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 5 mins
- Time of Cooking: 30-40 mins
- Serves: 2-4 people
- Cost: $$
- 12 oz Cheddar
- Smoked Scamorza
- 6 oz Gouda
- 6 oz Gruyere
- 6 oz Monterey Jack
- 6 oz Mozzarella
- 0.5 cup Ricotta
- 1 cup Guanciale
- 1 cup of Breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 tsp Butter
- Italian herbs
- Orecchiette (pasta)
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add a cup of guanciale - cook until brownish
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and 0.5 cups of ricotta
- Start slowly adding the milk and cheeses. Add all the cheeses in gradually, making sure it melts before adding the next cheese.
- Add 1 tsp of dried Italian herbs
- Cook the Orecchiette to aldente (depending on the amount of people you're cooking for, the precise amount is very general), pour it into a large baking dish, and cover it with cheese sauce completely
- Mix shredded cheddar with breadcrumbs and parmesan to cover macaroni and bake it at 375 F for 30-35 min. Best indicator of it being ready -- the top should be a beautiful golden color.
Serve hot 🔥 and enjoy!