Puff Pastries Appetizer
The salty puff pastries are a versatile appetizer that you can fill with different ingredients. This is an easy and quick recipe, you just need a sheet of puff pastry and in less than half an hour your appetizers will be ready to serve.
With the same process you can make sweet morsels, perhaps sprinkling them with a little sugar before baking.
INGREDIENTS (6 servings)
• 1/2 cup gorgonzola
• 1 tsp finely chopped walnuts
• 3-4 slices of prosciutto cotto (Italian cooked ham)
• 4 ounces provolone
• 2 sheets puff pastry
• 1 egg
1) Unroll one sheet of puff pastry and cut 6 rectangles. Make small cuts on one side. On the other side, place the provolone and the cooked ham. Fold over and seal by forking the edge.
2) Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly whisk the egg in a bowl.
3) In a medium bowl mix the gorgonzola with the chopped walnuts, until well combined. Unroll the other sheet of puff pastry and repeat the cutting process. Spread the gorgonzola mixture on one half of the rectangles, fold and seal them.
4) Place all the puff pastry on the baking tray. Brush them on top with the egg. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Serve them hot.