Prosciutto and Cheese Vol-au-vent
INGREDIENTS (10 servings)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 puff pastry roll
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup of Smoked Pecorino Cream
1) Unroll the puff pastry dough, using a 2 1/2 -3 inch diameter circle cookie cutter, cut out circles. Remove half the circles and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. The remaining disks, make a hole in the middle using a smaller cutter 1 1/2 inches.
2) Prick the circles with the fork tines and brush them with the beaten egg. On each of the circles place 1-2 cut out rings, (make sure to brush the rings and edges with beaten egg. This will help keep the the vol au vent together and also gives them a golden colour).
3) Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets, and bake in the oven at 200 ° C for 5-6 minutes, or until they appear swollen and golden.
4) While the vol-su-vent shells cool down, blend the Smoked Pecorino Cream with 4 slices of prosciutto, salt and pepper in the mixer. Then fill the vol au vent and decorate them with a prosciutto rose.