Pavlova is one of the lightest and most sophisticated desserts on this planet. It's made from just fruit, sugar and egg whites that are whipped to a meringue-like consistency.
- Egg whites 6
- Cream of tartar 1 tsp
- Sugar 10 tbsp
- Almond extract
- Cocoa powder 2 tbsp
- Heavy cream 20 oz
- Figs 5-8
- Honey ½ cup
- Condense milk
- Fresh berries
- Make sure that your bowl for mixing and mixer are crispy clean. It is vital for meringue to be. Clean it with lemon juice to make sure the is nothing hiding there that can spoil meringue
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. Also, be very careful, make sure not a single part of yolk is in egg whites, this is also vital for good merengue
- Make sure eggs are room temperature, not cold!
- Beat eggs to form a light foam first
- Add cream of tartar. Cream of tartar will make your meringue more stable and white if you need it.
- Start adding sugar, but here is a thing. You must add it super slow. Don’t dump the whole spoon at once. Make sure that sugar dissolves before you add the next one. For that purpose sugar must be “super fine” almost before it becomes powdered sugar.
- Add Almond extract and cocoa powder
- Continue beating until the peaks are firm but still glossy.
- Constantly check your meringue for “peaks” Make sure it stands in the mixer and not falling on the side - that means our meringue is ready. Overbeating is bad. In s perfect way you can put your bowl with meringue upside down and it will stay in the bowl.
- Take a wide round plate and place it on the parchment paper, draw a circle around. Make it two.
- Place your merengue in the circles, and bake for 215-250 F for about 2 hours. Depends on your oven variety time can be different. Point is to overburn it to a brownish color.
- Take it out let it chill
- Meanwhile, beat some heavy cream to whipped cream with no sugar added, set aside!
- Cut figs and mix them in the blender with honey to the paste
- Add to whipped cream and mix together
- Place first merengue one the plate and poor condensed milk on the edges as shown
- Sprinkle with grated pistachio on top
- Cover everything with whipped cream and place fresh berries on top
- Put a second layer of meringue on top
- Cover with rest of the whipped cream and garnish with fresh berries
- Let it chill in the fridge for an hour