- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Glaze
- 4 thick slices mortadella
- half handful pistachios
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup stracchino or stracciatella or ricotta cheese
- Place 1 slice of mortadella at a time on the cutting board and remove the four circular bezels (which you can use for other preparations, such as meatballs or fillings), in order to obtain 4 squares. Cut each square into 3 strips of equal size.
- Roll up the 12 strips in a cylinder shape, secure them with a toothpick and put in the fridge.
- Transfer the cheese to a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and ground pepper.
- Work it with a fork (or use a food processor if you prefer), in order to get a very smooth cream.
- Close the bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator.
- Wrap the pistachios in a sheet of parchment paper and chop them roughly with the meat mallet.
- Fill the mortadella cylinders with the cheese cream, helping yourself with a pastry bag and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze on the plates, arrange the mortadella rolls on top, remove the toothpicks and serve