Focaccia Bread for 4th of July
Focaccia bread for 4th of July
Time of Preparation: 20 mins
Time of Cooking: 45 mins
Doses for: 4 people
Cost : $/$$/$$$
- In a big bowl mix: 1 pack of instant dry east, one tbsp of sugar (can be substituted with honey), 1 tsp of salt and one cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix well to dissolve the sugar, cover and set aside for 15-20 min
- After 15-20 min, add ½ cup of olive oil and one more cup of warm water.
- Sift 6 cups of bread or all purpose flour in the bowl, knead the dough by forming the ball.
- Grease bowl with olive oil and put dough back in the bowl, cover very well with a towel and set aside in a warm place for at least 1 hour (2-3 hours) to rise.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil, put dough on it and form an equal thickness square - cover with towel set aside for 20-30 min again for dough to rise up again.
- After 20-30 min here comes your imagination. Classic focaccia can be as simple as just salt, rosemary and olive oil. For special focaccia on the video we used fresh tomatoes (cut in stripes), black pitted olives, mozzarella sticks; you will also need a small star form cutter
- After you build tomato stripes and olives square, cover focaccia very good with olive oil and bake it at the temperature of 385 F for 45 min
- Take out focaccia, cut mozzarella sticks ( one stick cut in 4 vertical slices) and cut stars
- Arrange stars and stripes and send focaccia back in the oven for additional 5 min (until cheese melts) 🤗Enjoy🤗