Baked Pasta Alla Norma
This dish is a Sicilian specialty, it has been around for generations. It will give you that flavor of home with its simplicity and comfort food quality. Pasta alla Norma consists of pasta dressed in strong tomato sauce cooked down to an intense texture before being mixed with eggplant strips and ricotta cheese—the final touch is fresh basil leaves added at the very end so they maintain their vibrant green color.
👩🍳 Ingredients for 4 people:
- Adoro Rigatoni pasta 10 oz
- Eggplant 1
- Mozzarella 7 oz (in balls or shredded )
- Salted ricotta 2 oz
- Tomato puree 1 pound
- Onion ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- First, start with a yeast starter. Warm up milk to around 72 F, add a pack of yeast and a sprinkle of sugar. Cover it and put in a warm place for 10-15 min. Check the starter, it is supposed to develop bubbles and a little foam - that means that yeast got activated.
- Sift flour in a separate bowl, add sugar and mix it.
- Add yeast starter to flour, egg yolks, vanilla extract and room temperature butter.
- Mix on low level on an electric mixer or mix with your hands until the dough is soft but don't over knead it.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover it very well and leave it in a warm place for 2 hours. It must double in size.
- After two hours, take the dough out and divide it into four parts.
- Roll out the dough into approximately to 0.5cm and cut out round forms as it shows on the video
- Place three round forms on each other and roll a flower. Cut in in two halves and place them on a greased baking form pan
- Leave at least half of the inch between flowers, cover it and place in a warm place for another 20 min. Flowers will continue to rise and increase in size.
- After that send them to oven for 25 kin at 355F
- Garnish brioches with nutella and pistachios or any other garnish of your choice.
Thanks for watching! Don't forget to push "LIKE," leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
SUBSCRIBE to our channels
- CONTACT US: