Spaghetti with Pecorino di fossa and Pepe
- kosher salt
- 6 oz. pasta (Pici or spaghetti chitarra)
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup finely grated di pecorino di fossa
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5-qt. pot. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until
- about 2 minutes before tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook, swirling
- pan, until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining butter. Reduce
- heat to low and the Parmesan, stirring and tossing with tongs until melted. Remove pan from heat; add
- Pecorino di Fossa, stirring and tossing until cheese melts, sauce coats the pasta, and pasta is al dente. (Add
- more pasta water if sauce seems dry.) Transfer pasta to warm bowls and serve.