Farro and Cabbage Tuscan Soup
Preparation: 1h and 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 h and 10 minutes
People: 6 people
- 600gr Tuscan cabbage
- 80gr lardo ST
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 potatoes
- 1 pc celery stick
- 1 carrot
- 1 onions
- 200gr cannellini beans ST already cooked
- 120gr farro ST
- extra virgin olive oil ST to taste
- parmigiano reggiano
- 1 spoon of tomatoes paste
- rosemary to taste
- salt to taste
- red peppers flaks to taste
- Cook 120 g of Farro or called pearl spelled following the instructions of the pack; peel 1 onion and 1 clove of garlic and tritali.
- Clean and cut the vegetables into small pieces (600 g of Tuscan cabbage, 1 potato, 1 celery stalk, 1 carrot).
- Brown the onion and garlic in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of oil, add the vegetables and 2 liters of cold water with 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and a pinch of chilli pepper.
- Boil, lower the heat and cook for 1 hour.
- Add 220 g of canned cannellini beans (drained net weight) and the spelled and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Chop 80 g of lard with a sprig of rosemary and brown them without dressing.
- Spread the hot soup in the soup plates and serve with the chopped lard and rosemary. (topped with grana padano o parmigiano reggiano if desire)