Tiella of Lamb with Mushrooms and Lampascioni
Procedure 2 hour 15 minutes
Cooking Time 2 hours
- 800 gr leg of lamb
- 200 gr lampascione
- 100 gr breadcrumbs
- 60 gr pecorino di fossa
- 30 gr cardoncelli mushrooms
- 1 garlic
- 1 glasses of white wine
- q.s. Sogno Toscano 1923 EVOO
- 1 bunch of parsley
- q.s. pepper
- q.s. salt
1) With a cleaver or heavy knife, cut 1 leg of lamb of about 800 g into slices 2-3 cm high.
2) Clean 300 g of cardoncelli mushrooms by removing the earthy part of the stem and cut them into 4 parts. Clean 200 g of wild onions, wash them and carve them at the base.
3) Crumble 100 g of stale Apulian breadcrumbs and collect in a bowl; add the chopped parsley, the chopped garlic, 50 g of grated pecorino di Fossa cheese, salt and pepper.
4) Take a terracotta pan that can go into the oven, wide and with rather high edges; pour a few tablespoons of EVOO on the bottom and arrange the slices of lamb trying not to overlap them; salt them, pepper them and spread over the mushrooms and lampascioni.
5) Sprinkle with 1 glass of white wine and sprinkle with the mix of bread, Pecorino di Fossa and herbs; season with a round of oil, cover with a little water and pass in the oven at 180 °. Cook for about 2 hours: in the end the sauce will have to be rather small.
6) Remove from the oven, let stand for a few minutes and serve.