Amatriciana Pasta with Penne from Adoro
Regional dishes are often the cause of dispute between Italians, whether they are professional chefs or amateur chefs, and Penne Rigate all'Amatriciana are no exception! Bucatini or spaghetti, bacon or bacon, garlic or onion... these are the main questions that anyone preparing this recipe for the first time has to face. It is said that this famous dish born in Amatrice was the main meal of the shepherds, but originally it was without tomatoes and took the name "gricia"; this ingredient was added later when tomatoes were imported from the Americas and the seasoning took the name Amatriciana. It is therefore normal that such an ancient and popular recipe has been transformed over time taking on the many variations that are still discussed today.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 10 mins
- Time of Cooking: 25 mins
- Doses for: 4 people
- Cost: $$$
- 11 oz Adoro Penne Rigate
- 400 g Peeled tomatoes
- 150 g Guanciale Amatrice's
- 75 g Pecorino Romano to grate
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Fresh chilli pepper
- 2 oz White wine
- To prepare the PASTA all'amatriciana, first boil the water for cooking the pasta and then boil it. You can then dedicate yourself to the seasoning: take the pillow, remove the rind and cut it into slices about 1 cm ; reduce the slices to strip.
- At this point, heat a drizzle of oil in a pan, possibly made of steel, and add the whole chili pepper and the pillow cut into strips ; brown over low heat for 7-8 minutes until the fat becomes transparent and the meat crunchy; stir often taking care not to burn it. When the fat has melted, blend with the white wine , turn up the heat and let it evaporate.
- Transfer the pillow strips into a plate and keep them aside, pour the peeled tomatoes into the same pan: fray them with your hands directly into the cooking liquid , continue cooking the sauce for about 10 minutes. At this point the water in the pan will have come to the boil, then pour the PENNE RIGATE and cook them al dente.
- In the meantime, add salt , remove the chili pepper from the sauce , add the strips of pillow in a pan and stir to mix.
- Once the PENNE RIGATE is cooked, drain them and add them directly into the pan with sauce . Skip the pasta very quickly to mix well with the sauce, if you like the pasta al dente you can turn off the heat otherwise pour a little water of the pasta to continue cooking. To finish, sprinkle with grated Pecorino cheese.
- Your Amatriciana Pasta with Adoro Penne is ready to be served.