Time: 30 min of preparation, 45 min of cooking
Type of Cooking:
Doses for: 6 people
- 500 g of cherries
- 100 g of sugar
- 100 g of flour
- 100 g of almond flour
- 80 g of butter
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 spoons of maraschino (or other fruit liqueur) salt
- For the cake pan: 1 knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon of dark sugar
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator in time.
- Wash and dry the cherries and ston them with the appropriate tool.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder.
- Collect the butter in a bowl, soft and into small pieces and knead for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar and continue working the mixture until frothy.
- At this point add the almond flour, mix then add the eggs, one at a time, then the flour with the yeast, a pinch of salt and the liqueur.
- Generously butter a 23 cm cake tin and add the dark sugar.
- Pour the mixture, level the surface and settle the cherries by arranging them, close to each other, in concentric circles.
- Slightly press the cherries with your open hand so that they sink a little, then put the cake in the oven previously heated to 180 ° and cook for 45 minutes.
- When cooked, turn out the cake and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Almond flour gives the cake a grainy texture and a light aroma.
- If you want to accentuate the almond scent, you can replace the fruit liqueur with the same quantity of Amaretto liqueur.